Here is some basic information when looking to buy a new tennis racket:
- Racket-head Size (Standard & midsized = up to 94 square inches; midsize-plus = 95-105 square inches; oversized > 105 square inches)
- Grip size: 4-1/4 inch to 4-5/8 inches. This is a matter of comfort, with many men using grips of 4-1/2 and 4-5/8 and many women using 4-1/4 to 4-3/8.
- Cosmetics: some people may be interested in how the racket looks (color).
- You can't go wrong with the major brands such as: Head, Prince & Wilson.
- Another useful link on Tennis Racket Sweet Spots:
- Some useful info: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/choosing-a-tennis-racquet.html
A few of our favorites, based on reviews, price and value:
Another useful link on Tennis Racket Sweet Spots: