- One of the first things I do each spring is lay lime down. Here are more detailed tips about lime.
- The fertilizer serves double duty: it fertilizes the grass and kills the weeds.
- It's best to lay the fertilizer down when the grass is still damp: either during the early morning (so the morning dew catches the fertilizer) -- or after it rains.
- The wetness helps the weed killer stick to the leaves -- killing the weeds.
- You do NOT want to lay the fertilizer down before an expected rainstorm or else much of the fertilizer will get washed away.
- Do not lay the first feeding of the season down until it is consistently in the 60's. You want the fertilizer to help grass when it is growing.
Other Lawn Care Tips