Friday, February 1, 2013

Mayor Koch: One of the Greatest New Yorkers

The passing of former New York Mayor Ed Koch led us to create a new label on our blog: great people.  Mayor Koch was one of the greatest New Yorkers, in a city of great New Yorkers!  This quote by Ed Koch, himself, says it all:

 "I think my personality was helpful in this job. I always had a great sense of humor, though I am also pretty reserved personally. I mean, I don't go to chichi parties; never did. I don't like going to dinners other than small dinners at the homes of people. But I realized that if I was to harness the energies of the people of the city of New York and give them back their pride, I would have to become bigger than life. And I did."

It's always good to have a sense of humor...  Rest in peace.

CNN reports:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/01/us/ed-koch-obit/