In any case, Pauling believed that Vitamin C was VERY good for you; almost on the order of a miracle drug that could cure and prevent many illnesses. Humans are one of the few animals that do not produce their own Vitamin C. Read this book and see what you think.
Monday, May 11, 2009
With all of the talk about swine flu -- our wanderings and "readings" took us to this book. Some of Linus Pauling's beliefs are controversial -- but we wouldn't argue with a two-time Nobel Prize winner (and one of the great scientists of the 20th century!). Perhaps some of the reasons his research is controversial can be traced back to "big industry..??"
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Is your old gas lawnmower giving you a hard time starting up? Many people are trading in their loud, finicky, gas lawnmowers for cordless mowers. Cordless mowers are great for a lot of reasons:
- Little or no maintenance compared to gas mowers that need oil changes, air filters, spark plugs, etc.
- Electric power (inexpensive battery recharges) compared to $3/gallon.
- Less noise.
- Removable battery. The batteries won't hold the charge as well over time. Most lawnmowers have this feature, but you should check to be sure.
- Mulcher. Particularly good when it comes to autumn (leaves all over the place!). Also, it's good to mulch your grass and help feed your lawn.
- No cord. Electic mowers need you to be attached to a power outlet. Cordless mowers help you to avoid the tangle of long wires in your lawn.